INFORMATION THAT eSkillWorld COLLECTS FROM YOU (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION)
eSkillWorld directly collects information when you:
- sign up for an eSkillWorld user account and create an eSkillWorld user profile;
- enroll and participate in online courses;
- purchase a product or service (for example, Verified Certificates);
- send email messages to eSkillWorld (including messages to learner support);
- participate in user surveys; and
- Participate in public forums, webinars, and other interactive experiences on the eSkillWorld Site.
eSkillWorld also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to the eSkillWorld Site, as explained in the section below titled Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
eSkillWorld does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority. Instead, if you choose to make a purchase on the eSkillWorld Site, for example a Verified Certificate, you will be directed to eSkillWorld’s third-party payment processor and eSkillWorld’s third-party ID verification service provider. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication or payment information, then you will not be able to obtain a certificate via the eSkillWorld Site.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
eSkillWorld and Members use information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the eSkillWorld Site – This includes creating and improving features that support the eSkillWorld community and enable eSkillWorld Site usage at scale. This also includes personalizing the eSkillWorld Site, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs.
- Create, administer, provide, and teach courses – This includes creating and improving the delivery of massive open online courses and programs on eSkillWorld. This also includes personalizing courses, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs, and assessing your performance and awarding certificates.
- Offer and improve products and services – This includes enabling you to navigate the eSkillWorld Site, to enroll and participate in courses and programs on the eSkillWorld Site, to learn effectively in such courses and programs, and to purchase or obtain products and services on the eSkillWorld Site such as Verified Certificates.
- Develop and maintain the security and performance of the eSkillWorld Site – This includes tracking eSkillWorld Site outages and creating software solutions, detecting violations of the Honor Code and Terms of Service, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of the eSkillWorld Site.
- Communicate with you – This includes answering your course and platform questions, notifying you of course and eSkillWorld Site maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of eSkillWorld or eSkillWorld affiliates, and as permitted under applicable law, sending you communications about products or services of selected business partners that may be of interest to you.
- Support scientific research including, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education – This includes collaborating to enable and conduct research about how learners access and master course materials online, with the goal of improving course outcomes.
- Track eSkillWorld Site usage against goals and mission – This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information) to business partners and external audiences.
- Exercise, enforce, and comply with legal rights and obligations – This includes responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of eSkillWorld, Members, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- By accepting these term and conditions, we understand that we have your express consent to share information disclosed by you with third parties, for the purposes of providing ESKILLWORLD services. Following are some instances when information may be shared:
Change of Information or correction of details
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us.
If upon modifying or changing the information earlier provided to ESKILLWORLD, we find it difficult to permit access to our Services to you due to insufficiency/ inaccuracy of the information, we may, in our sole discretion terminate your access to the services by providing you by ESKILLWORLD.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. This SDMS uses cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. No personal information will be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
- ESKILLWORLD has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.